Scan Errors with Setup/Installation Files

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Jula9600, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jula9600

Jula9600 Registered Member

I'm having problems scanning both Java and Adobe Reader installation files. Is anyone else having this issue? Or is it not a problem at all?

Java Results:
    jxpiinstall.exe » CAB » jusched - archive damaged - the file could not be extracted.
    jxpiinstall.exe » CAB » task.xml - archive damaged - the file could not be extracted.
    jxpiinstall.exe » CAB » task64.xml - archive damaged - the file could not be extracted.

Adobe Reader has 80 files but here's the first 3:
    install_reader10_en_chrd_aih.exe » ZIP » adobe/images/bgBody.png - error - password-protected file
    install_reader10_en_chrd_aih.exe » ZIP » adobe/images/bgBodyOpenX.png - error - password-protected file
    install_reader10_en_chrd_aih.exe » ZIP » adobe/images/bgButton.png - error - password-protected file

Are these typical results and OK to install?

2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Those error messages represented by blue lines on your scan, are intended to be informational only. See the following ESET KB article.

Regarding the 'archive damaged - the file could not be extracted' messages, the archive module cannot deal with every archive type. If you want, you can upload some of these archives and PM me with a link, so that we can analyze them further.

As for those 'error - password-protected file' messages, this is simply indicating that the archive is password protected.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

3. Jula9600

Jula9600 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply and the offer to analyze the file. The blue error lines usually don't bother me. Rather than upload the file, since every jxpiinstall.exe I download is being reported by ESET as a damaged archive, I'd appreciate if someone can just do a right-click scan on a downloaded file from Java's website and let me know if ESET gives the same result. If it doesn't then I'll have a whole different issue to sort out, I guess.

And the adobe reader installation file, I'm assuming it's always password protected then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.