Scan errors (Inno installers and unpack errors)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by catprincess, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catprincess

catprincess Guest

I have a folder with a bunch of program installers in it and NOD 4 shows these errors on scanning. There is nothing wrong with the files that I can see (ie. I have installed the programs using them with no problem) I'm assuming NOD can't scan these files due to the errors which is kind of annoying because how can it detect malware in them if it can't scan it? I'm not concerned about these files in particular but that's not really the point :)

A couple of examples of the entries I am getting:

ccastfx.zip » ZIP » setup.exe » INNO » setup.data - error - unknown compression method

allwaysync-n-go-8-3-1.exe » INNO » - unsupported option

Gaim_Portable_2.0_B5_en-us.paf.exe » 7ZIP » GaimPortable/App/GTK/bin/xmltok.dll » UPX v12_m5_dll - unpack error

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

7zip and INNO support was added about 1-2 months ago. It will take some time to add support for various compression methods.

3. catprincess

catprincess Guest

Okay fair enough :) However I don't understand why I am getting these errors if 7zip and INNO support has now been added? Unless this support is in a yet to be released version?

4. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.