Scan at startup in Gdata IS 2009

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Nuja, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuja

Nuja Registered Member

Hi,

I did buy gdata Internet Security 2009 this product is fine except one thing that i cant semm to find: How to disable the "scan all hard drive at startup".

My setting is to run the hdd-scan at 12am. I disabled "inactif mode".
    But i dont understand why, at every new day when i startup my computer, it launches the scan.

can someone tell me how to disable it ?

2. markcc

markcc Registered Member

Hi Nuja

Launch the GUI, then click the antivirus tab. Click the option tab on the upper right hand corner. click the Monitor tab & than the expand tab & you will find what you are looking for.

Let me know if this works for you.

3. Nuja

Nuja Registered Member

Hi markcc,
    thx, i unticked one option that should do it. ill tell u tomorrow if its good. thx :)

edit: also one time i dont know what happend but my UC was at 80-100% making the computer a bit weird, i disabled the firewall then enabled it again then the UC was back to normal, do u know what is causing that ?

4. markcc

markcc Registered Member

I have not experienced that. One time & was doing something that was cpu intensive & I think a signature update was happening & I noticed a slowdown for a few seconds. Other than that 1 time I have not seen any type of slowdown. My cpu at idle stays around 0% - 2%. I'm trying to get to know the firewall part of the suite, I'm used to Outpost Pro firewall & may go back to it. The A/V part of G Data is top notch & I will continue to use it!

5. Nuja

Nuja Registered Member

oki, thank you for your time and answers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.