Scan Abortion

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Fajo, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Joe. Recommendation

Give us a option not to Abort the scan when you close it to tray. Its annoying sometimes to click X and have it abort the scan when all I wanted was it just down in the tray table. :D

2. Phantasm

Phantasm Registered Member

True.

Maybe even add a pause?

3. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I agree. I find this annoying too. :(

What would also be handy is some visible indication in the system tray when a scheduled scan is running. There have been occasions when I've opened Prevx from the tray icon only to find that a scheduled scan is running and then having to wait until the scan has finished before being able to close Prevx to the tray in order to avoid aborting the scan.

4. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

This is acutaly what made me think of this. I opened Prevx up to see it was scanning it and when I closed it the darn thing aborted. Frankly it should keep scanning unless I tell it to stop. Joe (PrevxHelp) well let us know his imput on this I'm sure when he gets back online.

5. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I just discovered that unchecking the Scan Scheduler setting "Do not show any window while scanning" helps. I've never tried this previously, as I always assumed that unchecking this setting would cause the main Prevx window to be displayed whenever a scan is in progress. In fact a small window is displayed just above the system tray indicating that a scan is in progress.

I do agree though that closing the main Prevx window to the system tray should not cause a running scan to be aborted.

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello :)
    We agree - we will be changing the default behavior of the scanner to just minimize the main GUI into the tray when clicking the X rather than aborting the scan.

pegr's post is correct here as well if you'd like a visible notification of a scan-in-progress:

Let me know if you have any other thoughts! :) Thanks for the suggestions!

7. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Thanks Joe, that's good news. :thumb:

Regards

8. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Sweet thanks. Change I'm looking forward to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.