scam PM's

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by strangequark, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

I've just received my first scam PM, I'm a member of Pentax User forum based in the UK and suspect every body else at the forum received one as well, although I'm sure I'm the only one she called Dearest One :rolleyes:
    It was nice for a change getting an offer from COTE D'IVOIRE rather than Nigeria, and a 20% share of $10.5Mil would be lovely, and my heart goes out to the poor girl over her fathers assassination, but my wife says the money would only make me a rich obnoxious prat so it looks like it's still the poor house for me .......... oh well :D
    I've pasted the PM below for a laugh, scam PM's is this new, I've had me fair share of emails but this is the first PM, have any of you guys ever had one of these.

FROM MISS ROSELINE KOMO WILLIAMS

RUE 22, PEACE AVENUE
    ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE.
    EMAIL: r222w@live.fr

DEAREST ONE,

IT IS MY PLEASURE TO CONTACT YOU FOR A BUSINESS VENTURE WHICH I INTEND TO ESTABLISH IN YOUR COUNTRY, THOUGH I HAVE NOT MET WITH YOU BEFORE BUT I BELIEVE ONE HAS TO RISK, CONFIDING IN SOMEONE TO SUCCEED SOMETIMES IN LIFE.

THERE IS THIS HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY, TEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND US DOLLARS (10,5000,000,00) WHICH MY LATE FATHER MR KOMO WILLIAMS DEPOSITED IN A FINANCE HOUSE HERE IN COTE D'IVOIRE BEFORE HE WAS ASSASSINATED BY UNKNOWN PERSONS. BEING HIS ONLY CHILD AND DAUGHTER, HE USED MY NAME AS THE NEXT OF KIN.

NOW DUE TO INTENSE POLITICAL CRISIS IN MY COUNTRY AND TO ESCAPE BEING TRAPPED BY THE ASSASINS WHO KILLED MY FATHER, I HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE THIS MONEY OUT OF THIS COUNTRY AND TO INVEST IT IN YOUR COUNTRY OR ANYWHERE SAFE ENOUGH FOR SECURITY PURPOSES. I WANT YOU TO HELP ME TO TRANSFER THIS FUND FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSES ON THE FOLOWINGS BELOW:

1) TELECOMMUNICATIONS
    2) INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
    3) FIVE STAR HOTEL OR ANY OTHER PROFITABLE INVESTMENT.

IF YOU CAN BE OF AN ASSISTANCE TO ME, I WILL BE PLEASED TO OFFER TO YOU 20% OF THE TOTAL FUND. REPLY THROUGH: r222w@live.fr

THANK YOU.

YOURS SINCERELY,
    ROSELINE KOMO WILLIAMS.
    EMAIL: r222w@live.fr

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Like you, I'd not been aware of Cote d'Ivoire as a scammer problem until quite recently. But it looks like it may well be now opening up as an "annex" to the notoriety in Nigeria.

I experimented for a week or two recently with one of the smaller but fairly well known networking sites (specifically, Tagged), and by far the most common location of obvious scammers (attractive and very young females, interested in a 60-plus male??) was Cote d'Ivoire, at least according to their messages and profiles. So it'll be interesting to see if that country joins the "forget it" collection of blacklisted locations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.