SBWatchDog.EXE

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Carol H, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol H

Carol H Registered Member

Does anyone know what the captioned file is? It appeared in my Start Up list in MSConfig. It's not a Spyware Blaster file, is it? I Googled it and most links said it's a spyware file that is installed on new laptops by manufacturers, but that's definitely not the case with me. This just appeared and I have a desk top computer and have had it for about 5 years. Spybot doesn't recognize it as spyware, and neither did an online spyware scan. I unchecked it in the list, but don't know how to remove it, or IF I should remove it.
    Carol H.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Carol....Welcome to Wilders [​IMG]

Since this is definetly not a Spywareblaster file....I'll be moving this to a more appropriate Forum in a bit. In the mean time....if you know the folder location of the file....use windows explorer and go to the file and right click the file and check the propeties of the file. There should be a version tab where you can post back the Company name that might help determine the need for or lack of.

Regards,
    Bubba

3. Carol H

It's in the Windows System, under SBUtils. The company name is Softbank Content Services. I would just delete it, except that I'm afraid to because of it being in the Windows System file. (Am also not sure that will delete all of it.)
    Carol H

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Carol H

You probably should post a hijack log at one of the sites that offer this service.
    They will tell you exactly what to do.

Two of the bigger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than many others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com.

http://computercops.biz/forums.html

http://spywarewarrior.com/index.php

5. Carol H

I don't have a hijack log as far as I know. I haven't been hijacked. I have no problems with my website being changed in IE, when I'm surfing. I only see one program......no log. I don't understand. (?) This was originally found in MSConfig. as a line item. It's appearing there, but it's in Windows/System.
    Carol H.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Posting a log would probably help. It would at least ease your mind.

The links will explain how to post a log. Wilder's no longer does Hijack logs.

7. Carol H

I don't have a log. Where would I find it?
    Carol H.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.