SBS2011 locks up with EAVBE4.2.71.2

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by cbhb, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbhb

cbhb Registered Member

Hi,

I have a new installation of SBS2011, installed EAVBE 4.2.71.2. Less than 12 hours later and the machine is locking up, and crashed 5 times in one day. I removed NOD32 and it was stable for a 1 week. Reinstalled, added exceptions for pagefile, dns, dhcp plus many others but less than 12 hours later and the machines locks up again. The screen turns black and there is no response from the IP address or console, shares are not working etc.

Only option was to hard boot the machine.

I tried to uninstall NOD32 which failed part way through, I waited for ages but it was broken. Advised by ESET to use the manual removal method through Safe Mode which is the only way to remove it at this point. This removed NOD32 but also deleted all network cards and configurations from the SBS box. On reboot that is what I discovered, no network card detected. Not what I expected to happen and not very happy about it.

Has anyone had any success with NOD32 v4 (latest version) on SBS2011 or is this a lost cause?

Perhaps I am not using the correct version of NOD for SBS?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried this to circumvent a bug in Windows Filtering Platform?
    I'd also suggest disabling Anti-Stealth and Self-defense to prevent interference with badly written 3rd party drivers (especially older versions) that might be installed with certain hardware.

3. enotsIT

enotsIT Registered Member

cbhb, did you try the fix that Marcos mentions? I am having this exact same issue with an SBS2011 server that I deployed over the weekend.

4. enotsIT

enotsIT Registered Member

Marcos, where do you disable the "Anti-Stealth and Self-defense" options?

Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.