SBS2003 Server Crash After NOD32 Install

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by EmyrB, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmyrB

EmyrB Registered Member

Hi All,

Last Wednesday I installed the latest version of NOD32 on a SBS2003 server. Since then, whenever a backup is run (they are using Veritas 9.1 Revision 4691) the server crashes. No one can log in to the domain on their PCs and no one can log into the server locally. Over the Easter weekend we excluded the Friday and Monday dates and the server was fine, come Tuesday night the server crashed about a minute after Veritas starts.

I have spoken to Eset and I have followed what they said, by setting exclusions in Amon and making sure that Amon is not set to scan all files. The problem is still occurring. We have NOD32 installed on a variety of server from Server 2000 to Server 2003 with Exchange and Veritas on it and with no issues. It seems to be just this SBS2003 server that is giving us grief.

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance

EmyrB

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I know you spoke to Eset about exclusions...but could you state here what you have exluded?

Most of my consulting work is done with SBS setups..it's my preferred gig.

Do you have service pack 1 for SBS? Including the update for Exchange?

I don't have any SBS2K3 setups running Backup Exec...I have had version 9 running on SBS2000...but on SBS2K3..I prefer to use the native backup built into it instead of Backup Exec. The native backup was greatly improved in 2K3 over 2K. Have you run all Veritas updates on it?

Any prior antivirus packages on this server? Including any Exchange plugins or spam filters?

3. Whissi

Whissi Registered Member

I hope you don't installed IMON, do you?

4. EmyrB

EmyrB Registered Member

OK, I put the exclusions in AMON under exclusions where Eset told me to put them. When I spoke to them they directed me to a MS article, KB823166, but this still has not done anything.

What seems to be happening is that Veritas is happy until it gets to backing up exchange. The server still allows people to see all the network shares, like ACT and such but you cannot log into the server locally or get to it via Remote Desktop.

This is getting quite a problem now as it is almost 2 weeks since NOD32 went on.

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    When you say the server "crashed"....is it blue screening and dumping?

Have you installed the updates for SBS? Such as at least Service Pack 1? Is Exchange service packed? (repeat question from above)

You running ISA? Or is the server multi-homed? NOD32 should have nothing to do with remote desktop access at all....there's nothing "firewall" related with NOD32. I'd run the ICW again on the server to drill home the settings.

Was there a prior antivirus package on this server? (repeat question from above)

Perhaps try uninstalling Veritas...and reinstalling it fresh. Also apply Veritas updates (also mentioned above...dunno yet if you've done those)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.