SBS 2003 Smart Sec Setup help

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Krad, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krad

Krad Registered Member

Hello,

Just want help with the firewall. Basic problem I'm trying to let one of the client machines ftp out to the webserver on the internet. All traffic gos via the SBS 2003 which has smart securty on and the firewall on.

What rules do I need to set up on the SBS smart sec firewall to let the client machine ftp go out and send recive files?

I tried local port any outbound port 21, 20,

2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Try turning the firewall to Interactive mode. In this mode, you'll be asked which action should be taken for all new connections. When prompted, you'll be able to create a new rule.

When the connection is blocked by ESS, you may create a log of all blocked connections. The log should help you to identify what needs to be opened in ESS Personal Firewall.

As a side note, the Personal Firewall in ESS is designed to protect client computers from remote attacks. When the computer in question is functioning as a server, and is providing advanced network services to other computers, the Personal Firewall may no longer be an appropriate security product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.