Sbie question?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dregg Heda, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

I have been using SBie for sometime and I have a problem. Initially I didn't set up sbie properly and I didn't configure it to have my history and bookmarks transfered directly to FF, Ive done this now but I was wondering if there was some way I could recover history and bookmarks from before I reconfigured? Thanks!

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Hi there, I have to make this quick, but I honestly don't believe you can. As far as I'm aware, there is no "history" for Sandboxie. What's deleted is long gone.

3. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

Very true a statement...although...if you clear the sandbox you just clear the history of browsing only for sessions run sandboxed..the history(if any) that was in FF's cache BEFORE installing and using sbie or when running FF unsandboxed is still stored in FF's default dirs.you might wanna look there if you are looking for something like that.

4. Dregg Heda

What about for sessions which were run sandboxed but not deleted? Basically I have just configured sbie for history and bookmarks to be written directly to the real HD. Before making this change I had added some bookmarks and didn't flush the toilet. I want to know if I can recover history and bookmarks made before I reconfigured sbie to save history/bookmarks directly to HD?

5. chris2busy

sure thing..if you didn't flush its bookmarks are easily recovered!
    bookmarks>organise bookmarks>import and back up>backup and select to save that to a directory where immediate recovery is on(so that you get the recover prompt) desktop is one by default..that'll save all your bookmarks in a file that you can recover from the same menu(import).

*this all must be done in a sandboxed FF session*
    Cheers

6. Dregg Heda

I have a problem whenever I try to backup the bookmarks the sandboxed version of FF crashes. Ive tried this no less than 3 times and each time it crashes. Whats wrong?

7. chris2busy

you should check what screws up mate..take a look at the crash report.
    usualy at

C:\Sandbox\your user name\DefaultBox\user\current\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Crash Reports

8. Dregg Heda

Alright thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.