Sbie - Malware Defender with Sandboxie

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dregg Heda, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

I am looking to add MD to my arsenal which already consists of sbie. However being a relative newbie I would like some help and suggestions on how I can best configure these two to offer both rock solid protection and very good useability. In particular I am looking for MD to provide system wide protection. I connect to a wireless network so this is important to me.

Also now that MD has become freeware, will the developer support it as well as he used to? Will this be a problem? What other options are there beside MD?

2. ace55

ace55 Registered Member

Re: Sbie

I'm a big fan of Comodo, not terribly chatty. Just spend some time on the inital setup and you're good.

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Re: Sbie

I am not terribly experienced in virtualization and HIPS but on my XP box, I use SBIE and DefenseWall. DW is set and forget but it still has some user adjustable settings. So far, so good and between the 2 and Avast, I feel pretty safe. (Of course I have my trusted ShadowProtect images to fall back on.) I just moved from a firewall/HIPS app as part of this process and wonder why I didn't do this a long time ago...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.