SB & multiple XP accounts

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Thomas Newton, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Newton

Thomas Newton Registered Member

I've searched the forums for an answer but just call me stupid because of reading three pages of search results I still don't understand.

I have three accounts in Win XP: An "Adminstrator" account which I can only access by booting to safe mode (apparently created when I installed XP), an "Admin" account with administrator privileges (used only for tasks such as keeping Windows up-to-date, and things requiring an account with administrator privileges), and a "User" account that I use for day-to-day stuff ie - surfing the web, etc., etc.

I installed and enabled all the SB protections in the "Admin" account. I understand that SB's ActiveX & hosts file protections protect all the accounts because of where SB writes to in the registry and there is only one hosts file but in order for the "Administrator" & "User" accounts also to have SB's cookie & Restricted Site protection do I need to also install SB in those accounts and if so, do I need to grant the "user" account administrative privileges before doing so?

Thanks for your patience & help,

Thomas

2. Thomas Newton

Thomas Newton Registered Member

I went ahead and installed SB in the user account. Had to temporarily give the account administrative privileges in order to install though. After changing the account back to a limited account SB would not update.

That really bites. Is there any other way for the limited account to be able to use SB's cookie and restricted sites protections without having to give the account admin privileges to update SB?

Thanks again,

Thomas

3. angussf

angussf Registered Member

I have found you just have to update the database as an admin, then you can "Enable all protection" as a non-admin using the database that the admin downloaded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.