SB "Loading database..." very slow for Firefox items

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by MikeBCda, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I seem to recall this was a common problem for others ages ago, but I'm just starting to get it myself the last week or so. Too old and lazy to phrase a search properly, so if you'd steer me to wherever the suggestions were I'd greatly appreciate it. Assuming, of course, it's not a 20-words-or-less thing you can quickly repeat here.

When I start Spyware Blaster (e.g., to check for updates), the "Database loading" thing is almost immediate for other protection areas, but takes quite a while (15-20 seconds) for Firefox items. Odd, since (I think) the Firefox items are far fewer than the others.

Suggestions, please? Thanks.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello Mike,

I notice Spybot in your signature. If this still holds true and you have installed it's latest 1.5 version....there are a couple of recent threads in Forum here concerning something similar or could indeed be your problem.

The latest was this one where Javacool comments---> Spyware blaster freezing

HTH,
    Bubba

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Thanks, Bubba. I did follow that thread, plus the one it in turn linked to, and since my SS&D is the latest I'm probably getting the same thing even though I'm not actually locking up, just taking a while. And it sounds like Javacool will have it taken care of in the next SB version - assuming, of course, that SS&D doesn't in turn pull a new "fast one" on him in turn. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.