Saving & Restoring ID's easily

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by Nowhere Man, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Registered Member

Hello all, first time poster!
    I've been playing with ID Blaster and really like it a lot. I was careful to record all numbers before letting it randomize. It did break my AVP, oh well. I replaced AVP with Avast! so now I've no more problems there.
    If you want an easy way to restore those ID's, it just takes a little work to set up, but not really hard.
    Open ID Blaster + and hilight one of the ID names in the window. Then click to edit selected item. Halfway down you'll see the top level registry key and just below it the subkeys and value name. You can leave this window open for now.
    Hit the Start button and go to Run, type in Regedit and enter. Navigate to the key stated in the ID Blaster dialog box that you still have open, and you'll see the actual place the number is stored!
    Now, with the key hilighted, click on 'Registry' in the upper left of the menubar and then select to export the registry. Only export this one key, not the entire registry!
    Now go to where you saved that reg file and RIGHT click on it and select edit. It should open in Notepad. Leave the top line and the second,empty, line alone! Now delete all lines below EXCEPT the one that has your ID code and it's key location. Save the file. Now, anytime you want to restore that number just click on that reg file and the original number will be reinstalled!
    (Deleting the other lines in the reg file does absolutely nothing to the registry, and when your reg file is merged it can only add or change the registry. Deleting keys in the registry is harder.)
    Go through this process for each ID that ID Blaster will change, and you'll have several reg files. If you want you can do like I did and combine all the relevant code from each reg file into one file. Like I said before, leave the top two lines alone. Then just have your code for each ID below.
    Here's how your restore reg file might look:
    -----------------------(don't include these dashes, lol)-------
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media\WMSDK\General]
    @=""
    "UniqueID"="{XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Registration]
    "ProductId"="XXXXX-XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXX"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]
    -------------------------------------
    Obviously, your numbers would be where the 'x's are above.

After you have this file all assembled (c'mon, not THAT hard) you can easily click on it to restore all your numbers, say, just prior to running Windows update or similar.

Have fun, sorry for the longish post!

2. stevenho5

stevenho5 Registered Member

Hi I find that hard to believe!

3. herbalist

herbalist Guest

Nothing hard to believe here. ID-Blaster is a type of registry editor that uses a randomizer on a very specific set of keys. The process described above works fine. It's standard registry editing/merging.
    Not recommended for users who aren't familiar with the registry and how to work with it. A mistake editing your registry can be very damaging if you don't know specifically how to fix it.
    Rick

Just noticed how old this thread is!

4. diligentinquirer

diligentinquirer Registered Member

Hey Herbalist! Thanks for the info. I can believe what you say though I'm not much more than a novice. Quite a while back (see below) I was trying to find ID-Blaster instructions. No response, so I thought I would try to take advantage of your learned knowledge on one point.

I would like to be able to change my IP address for one site at a time, for safety sake to start and to discover how my email address is getting out into the spam masses. Also, I had some trouble with ID-Blaster before, but found out I had a registry problem due to too many unused keys and etc. I am pretty wary of messing with registries, etc, so I use safer programs to do so.

Any idea on how to change one IP address change at a time, that is, for one web site at a time, with ID-blaster or otherwise?

Sure appreciate your input, if any you have!! If not, that's OK. Let me know please.

Thanks in advance, Diligent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.