Saving movies from DailyMotion

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rasheed187, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Does anyone know how to save movies from DailyMotion (DM)? And with that I mean saving from sites which are linking to movies hosted on DM. I do know it is possible to save movies from DM, when you are on the DM site itself. I´ve also noticed that With YouTube or flurl.com for example, flv movies always end up in your cache, but this isn´t the case with DM. Any ideas? :rolleyes:

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

do u have teh url to a site linking to movies hosted on DM?

im not familiar with DM, but given a few minutes ill try to find a solution.

3. dog

dog Guest

4. Rasheed187

Dog, it really does not work, but I have found another way, with Sandboxie you can save the movies from your cache. However I think it´s strange that I can not play movies from Metacafe directly from my cache, I need Keepvid for those videos. :doubt:

5. dog

dog Guest

I've never had a problem with it, maybe the issue lies with sandboxie. ;)

6. Rasheed187

Dog, I will try to explain it a bit better, I´ve noticed that you don´t even need a site like KeepVid (or VideoDownloader extension) to save FLV files, because they all end up in your cache. So you can copy and paste them and if necessary change the file extension to ".flv".

However, DailyMotion (DM) movies end up as .tmp files in the cache, and as soon as you close the site (with the DM movies) they are deleted from disk. You can also not copy the files since they are locked, a tool like UnLocker will not help btw. But I have discovered that this all is not the case when you run your browser "sandboxed" with Sandboxie.:D

And forget about my remark about Metacafe, I have discovered that I needed to rename the files to make them work, for some reason "%" in the name will make them unplayable. Oh and here is what I´m talking about, try to save these movies with the VideoDownloader extension, it will simply not work.

(Adult content, nothing explict though.):

http://www.tastelikepizza.com/index.php?itemid=1470

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  7. marriog

marriog Registered Member

you can use unlocker to save the file to a new location. use the 'copy' option
    i have been saving all my movies. but i dont know what to so with the .tmp file? it is obvioulsy the movie as they are all over 80mb.
    i hope they are not encrypted and decrypted with that flash file that reads the tmp file?i hvae renamed the files from .tmp to all the video formats i.e. .mpg .wmv .mpeg .avi but it wont play in media player? codecs are ok, so its not that.

anyone got any advice?

if no one knows i will decompile their flash file and have a peek to see what the swf is doing with the tmp file

8. Rasheed187

If it´s a flv file, renaming the tmp file should work. If it´s DRM protected it would have been most likely a .dat file. So I do not really know what your problem is, sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.