saving an image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Razzputin, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razzputin

Razzputin Registered Member

If I make an image of my complete "c" drive and save it to the "secure" zone, How can I access it to burn a dvd hard copy?

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Short answer – you can’t, that’s why it’s called a Secure Zone; you can’t touch it.

3. Razzputin

Then I guess I should put one on the "c" drive in a secure zone and burn one also. Can I add incremental backups later to the secure zone or would I have to do a complete new image?

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

1. Yes, you can add incrementals to the secure zone.
    2. Create a new full backup and set the store location to be the C drive. Be sure to invoke the verify option.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=182030
    Then copy to DVD. Compression will be about 50% of used space. If you exceed what will fit on one DVD, then I suggest you set the disk spanning option (before backup begins) and set the spanning size to 1492MB which will fit 3 files on one DVD.
    3. You should consider buying a external drive for storing backups and eliminate the need for the secure zone.
    4. After completion of the copying to DVD and verification, be sure and delete the old backup *.tib files off the C drive before doing another backup image of the C drive.

5. Razzputin

Thank you for all the info.
    If I buy an external, I already have two internal hard drives . I can just "send " the complete "Image" to the external . does it have to be in a secure zone there? I would like to save other things on the external also. pics/videos/ folders etc.

6. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Saving to another internal drive is easier and quicker than saving to an external but the external is safer in that you can disconnect the data cable and power cable when not in use for greater safety. Some externals get too hot when left on plus anything attached is subject to all the normal risks of virus and power surges, and hdwe failures, etc.

Yes, you can mix your backups with other data. Simply create one (or more) backup folders on the second drive and then point to those folders as the store location when doing your backups. The backup folders are just another folder on the hard drive. Any restores could also be from these data folders. This procedure is ignoring the secure zone. You can perform backups either to the secure zone or to the folders on the 2nd drive--or both. You have access to the files in the 2nd drive and can copy to DVD, etc, whereas you have no access to the secure zone except for adding backups or restoring..

7. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

no you can save "outside" on the external drive just the .TIB file like any other file.
    And enjoy a new external hard drive... dont forget to disconnect it to make sure the .TIB files are not damaged by malware or so!

Jaycee

8. Razzputin

Thanks for al the info. I will have more questions after I try and transfer to my second internal hard drive before I buy an external.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.