Saved my bacon BIG time

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by toolpusher, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toolpusher

toolpusher Registered Member

Hi

Bought this software a week ago for security and peace of mind. I thought I would never need it as I have 2 month old PC all singing and dancing. Then this pm I accidentally turned it off when it was on by disconnecting the power source. No problem WIn xp can handle this--it froze just before it was to load win xp. Tried everything no joy!

Stuck in the cd I had made with Acronis, changed the bios and made it boot from the CD and then made it restore the backup I made seven days ago from a external hard disk and within three hours everything is back up and running. I had 17 peoples websites and associated documents etc on this PC so if I had lost it I was in BIG sh-t..

All I can say this software works and its the best 30 dollars I have every spent in a long long time.

I have no association whatsoever with this company, only stating the facts, I am still testing all my programs but everything looks fine

How lucky was that?

Q. Now that everythings back up and running is there anything else I should do

regards

John

2. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

Awesome! I've had similar experiences in the corporate world using TI Enterprise Server 8.0. It's provided instant ROI and a peace of mind you often don't find with many other products.

3. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

Indeed. I think I have stated somewhere in these forums that I sometimes use ATI as an uninstaller of problematic apps (I do test a lot of soft, and many of them I know for a fact would leave a ton of stuff behind after uninstallation). I backup my SATA to my IDE 2nd physical drive and I know there is a high level of redundancy by so doing. I love ATI.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

So, why did it take three hours? :)
    Are you using a USB 1.1 external drive?
    Now, that everything is restored, remember to do all your updates for the last week that were lost. Also, I'd run a CHKDSK or disk ErrorCheck just for comfort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.