Save NOD32 settings?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Hypnoprism, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hypnoprism

Hypnoprism Registered Member

Is there anyway i can save my NOD32 settings in v4.0.437.0? It keeps reset to default setting with all features enabled after i restart my comp.

I have been using this product for almost 2 years and love it for the low resource consumption but this reset to default thing frustrated me to the point of uninstalling it. Especially when i cant even get utorrent to work with the new Web access protection crap, i just want to disable it all together along with the personal firewall.

Also, can i disable the yellow/red notification when i have some of the features disabled? its very annoying.

Thanks in advance.

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

are you logged in with administrator privileges?

3. Hypnoprism

Yes, im logged in as administrator. Running Windows 7 RTM 7600 x64 with UAC disabled, i had this problem since Vista and on multiple PCs.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What settings are reset? Couldn't it be that it's only user interface settings, such as graphical mode, splashscreen, standard/advanced mode, etc.?

5. Hypnoprism

Personal Fire Wall and Web Access Protection. Everytime I make changes to these modules or try to disable them completely, the next time I restart my comp they are enabled, fully functional again, all changes reverted to default.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

That's ok, modules are enabled after a computer restart for security reasons. However, real-time protection can be configured not to start automatically. As for web-access / email protection, you can disable HTTP/HTTPS or POP3/POP3S checking permanently. Remember that it's crucial to keep all modules enabled to ensure maximum protection. If there's a conflict with other software due to which you'd like to disable certain modules, it's better to solve it otherwise than by disabling protection modules.

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

As far as I know, this build of Microsoft Windows 7 has not yet been released. There are files floating around on P2P claiming to be it, however, whether or not they are or simply hacked copies is a matter of conjecture.

If you did not download your copy of Windows 7 directly from Microsoft's servers I would suggest that you download it when it becomes available, perform a clean install and then see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

9. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.