Save Custom Block List

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by clarkmurray, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarkmurray

clarkmurray Registered Member

Is there any way to save a Custom Block List for IE?

My dilemma is this: I use overture.com a lot for search engine marketing. However, whenever I go to log in to Overture with SpywareBlaster enabled Overture tells me I've entered the wrong verfication code. OK, so no big deal. I just disable protection in SpywareBlaster when I want to use Overture.

However, now I decided I want to use the Alexa toolbar. In order to to that I had to disable several entries for Alexa in the SpywareBlaster Block List. I don't know what order that list is in, but it's sure not alphabetical so they're hard to find.

But now when I disable SpywareBlaster for Overture and then reenable it afterwords, the entire list is enabled and my Alex toolbar disappears. Catch 22!

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

You can locate an item in any of the block lists by right-clicking on the database in the appropriate section and using the "Find" option.

Then, just right-click on that item and choose "Ignore List...>Add Item to Ignore List". This will add that item to the permanent ignore list (a very useful but oft-forgotten SpywareBlaster feature) so you won't have to worry about unchecking it after every new update.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. clarkmurray

clarkmurray Registered Member

Thanks. Good to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.