SATA RAID 0 Striping With Promise Tech Controller Does Not Work!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by di ge ra ti, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. di ge ra ti

di ge ra ti Guest

I have a system using two 10,000 RPM Western Digital Raptor SATA Drives on a Promise Technology FastTrak S150 TX4 Controller Card using RAID 0 striping. I made a bootable disk using TI-8 and after showing the Logo (Splash Screen) from the bootable CD it goes to a black screen and stops. I try pushing Num-Lock on my keyboard to see if my system has locked, and I get no response. Using a regular PATA drive, I have no troubles booting, but locks everytime I try to use SATA RAID. What is the problem? Does TI-8 not support SATA RAID? Please help me!

2. RTShaw

RTShaw Registered Member

LOST MOST CONTROL OF MY FINGERS SO PLEAQE BEAR WITH ME, IT HURTS LIKE HELL 2 TYPE.

yep TI aupports Raid SATA Raid IM running both SATA Raid (2 - 300 giggers) and 4 - 160 gigers PATA drivea (on a promise tx4000 raid controller.

I have ran & still run many raid & non-raid configuratiuons and controllers with ti 7 AND now Ti8.xx and I havent had a problem related to Raid at all My problem (and was the reason I first hesitated updatin from 7x to 8.x 2 see if it was fixed) was - (i HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM AS YOURS BUT IT WASNT THE rAID(SORRY CAPS).. it was my Legacy USB Controller.. Im running ASUS motherboards on 2 of my systems Asus P$C800 E & Non E Deluxe and when I turn off legacy usb support Ti wprkls just fine but if i leave legacy US Support on Bingo i get the same problem you and some others are having..
    Unfortunately I have tons of USB Stuff with 3 hubs and im physically uanable 2 plug everything right now 3 narrow it down 2 the actual device but im pretty sure its the USB2.0 Sandisk 7in1 memory card reader.. But hey as long as all I have 2 do is shut off legacy supprt in my bios its no sweat.. When i Do find the culpuit i will email tech support..

hope your prblem is the same its so simple,. i have as of yet never seen TI not work wih any raid config or controller. HEll I eve nrestore from various raid setups on my 1 gigabit lan at a very good rate - 25-45+ MBsec thats mBytes not bits and thats just messin around. its about the same rate restroin from my network machine(s) raid confis as local non raid..
    So far its beeen the best prorram 4 me and ive tried em all. Thats not to say its perfect i did have a screwup with ti because of my wierd drive config so it seemed 2 fumble around that was 7.x havent had that in 8.x basically i had something like this - Mobo = Asus P4C800E Deluxe
    2 - 300 gig 16meg cache SATA drives on iCHR port of my Asus P4C800E Dlx
    4 - 160 gig 8 meg cache PATA drives on a promise tx4000 raid controller (I've played with & owned most of promises Controllers) used that because it had 4 independent raid channels instead of the customary2.
    1 - Raptor SATA 37 gig drive Promise onboard controller used as 1x array
    2 - 160 gig PATA 8 meg cache drives promise oonboasrd controller Raid0

But the partitions were like
    disk 1 = 559 gigs (the 2 300 gig drives as Raid0) broken to partitions E:200 F:359gig on the mobo internal intel Raid SATA controiller
    disk 2 = 34 gig raptor broken to C: 16 gig partition to boot from (SATA on the promise internal Mobo controller)
    disk 3 = 279 gig D: partition (2 PATA 160 giggers on internal promise controller Raid0)...
    disk 4 = 640 gig 4x 160 gig PATA drves Promise Tx4000 Raid cont( G: Partiton)
    ---
    then theres my DVD Burners and Reader on the PATA primary & Secondary mobo IDE controller ports
    Something like that...
    and thats just the machine next 2 my bed.,
    So acronis Ti 7.x would get confused on the partitions (or I was) I was always removing and re installing G: and I also have H: as a USB 120 gig drive.. So config changes sometimes. of course I run under winbloze xp pro.. with sp2 now..ugggg...
    hope this helps u out.. I also use PartitionExpert and their multiboot util (dont recall the name havent even i nstalled that one yet)
    I updated 2 ZTi 8.x today(from 7.xx)

3. di ge ra ti

di ge ra ti Guest

I have build 774 and it does not work. After booting to rescue cd, it shows TI logo screen then hard locks. Then I try to push num lock to verify that my PC has locked and I get no response. The light on my keyboard stays on forever. My PC has hard locked. Same thing every time I boot to this CD. Please help me out.

Thanks,
    The di ge ra ti

4. RTShaw

RTShaw Registered Member

lost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell 2 type.

try unpluggin your usb devices or if u can turn em off in your bios do that..
    774 (just updated does work 4 me if all legacy devices/support is turned off).. u have 2 do that 4 other software too like memtest..

hope that helps, still experimenting since i have such a variety of hard drives and controllers..

5. Ed71

Ed71 Guest

I had the same with the Promise SX4 controller. If you create the bootable media, choose safe mode. Then boot from this image and it should work, although it is very slow, because the bios from the SATA card is being used.

It worked for me though.

GL,

Ed

6. Ed71

Ed71 Guest

Forgot to mention, there is a new bios for this card (v2.00.0.24), which I flashed before using true image. (www.promise.com)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.