SATA - 'operation cancelled'

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by allserene, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allserene

allserene Registered Member

new computer with sata drives- installed xp and cloned drive no problem...finished putting data on and tried to clone again- it says 'operation cancelled ' for a split second as it reboots and then shows a few acronis screens like it is cloning and then after 20 seconds it says operation successful..it seems confused - drives show as secondary ide1 and secondary ide 2 in acronis screen...it says syncronizing operating sytem on reboot - it usually only does that when you reboot the new clone...

Is it a SATA thing ? Perhaps I was too quick to embrace sata - my new msi hyper expensive rubbish motherboard wont let me boot either drive as i could on my old computer... I should have waited for the technology to settle down - the second mouse gets the cheese

its a bummer when the old IDE drive computer is better than the new one...

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Try rebooting with the original drive disconnected - if both drives are insitu, everything might be confused as you'll have two active drives and two MBRs to choose from.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.