SATA - 'operation cancelled'

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by allserene, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allserene

allserene Registered Member

new computer with sata drives- installed xp and cloned drive no problem...finished putting data on and tried to clone again- it says 'operation cancelled ' for a split second as it reboots and then shows a few acronis screens like it is cloning and then after 20 seconds it says operation successful..it seems confused - drives show as secondary ide1 and secondary ide 2 in acronis screen...it says syncronizing operating sytem on reboot - it usually only does that when you reboot the new clone...

Is it a SATA thing ? Perhaps I was too quick to embrace sata - my new msi hyper expensive rubbish motherboard wont let me boot either drive as i could on my old computer... I should have waited for the technology to settle down - the second mouse gets the cheese

its a bummer when the old IDE drive computer is better than the new one...

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Try rebooting with the original drive disconnected - if both drives are insitu, everything might be confused as you'll have two active drives and two MBRs to choose from.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.