SATA drives not recognized

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by brock, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brock

brock Registered Member

I create images of PCs via an Acronis boot CD (build 3718 ) and has work well until now. I'm trying to image a new PC and Acronis reports error code E00010F4 cannot find any hard disks, well words to that effect.

I tried downloading a newer build and still have the same problem. It is a new PC with SATA drives and Intel 965 chipset, - what can I do to fix this?

2. sdavis57

sdavis57 Registered Member

Hi,
    I am also interested in an answer to this question. I also have an Intel 965P chipset motherboard that I recently upgraded to, which also has the Jmicron Ide controller being used for the Ide optical drives. I just purchased an upgrade from drive image 9.0 to 10.0 hoping the new version had better support for the latest hardware, but have not tried it yet.

Any thoughts, idea's, etc? Anybody know if drive image works with the new chipsets, and any work arounds there might be if it doesn't work with the new chipsets? Thanks

3. brock

brock Registered Member

Good news - build 3886 for 9.1 works on this PC. :)

4. brock

brock Registered Member

Well, maybe I spoke to soon.

Have 2 identical PCs, one with OS on, other PC has blank hard disk which I want to copy image too (trying a work process out - I know you can attach disks etc) etc). The first PC (after using build 3886) after using boot CD, recognizes disk, and crucially the network card, I copy image to our file server, all works well, as has done for a year or so.

Next I go to restore the image on another identical PC and using the boot CD it cannot find any network, just goes on about using NDAS or something, now why is this?

5. jslegers

jslegers Registered Member

Hi,

Same problem here. I'm using a Intel DF-Q965GF mainboard. I have used the trial version from the Workstation 9.1 build 3887. The home version 10.4940 works but is verry slow with restoring from a USB harddisk. CPU is an Core 2 Duo E6600 with 2 Gb memory.

6. brock

brock Registered Member

Same chipset and CPU for me.

What I don't get is the PC I'm creating the image from can browse our network (see it), for both creation and recovery.

On the other, well I've just noticed it doesn't see any of the drives as well as well as the network, and these 2 PCs are identical, purchased 4 of them last week, same everything. Just tried another and it does the same.

Put the original (the one that does work) back and it sees everything every time - o_O

Maybe a BIOS setting some where?

7. brock

brock Registered Member

Just tried build 3887, same problem.

Checked BIOS version, all the same for all 4 PCs, and all 4 PCs have sequential serial numbers they are for all intent and purposes identical.

Acronis is picking up the network card Ok, as when I select the properties for it, auto negoiate is checked, it has picked up that it is an Intel NIC, got an IP number from our DHCP server, default gateway is there, all the usual stuff you expect, you just can browse the network and none of the attached storage devices appear, as I said, on one of the others all works fine!!

This is a bit of a show stopper for me, hope Acronis read this!!

Should I start another thread now?

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

can you see anything by using the UNC convention for selecting the device and archive like: \\driveboxname\folderifany\archivename.tib

I haven't done this with a NAS device but it helps on PCs with networked drives if they don't appear.

9. brock

brock Registered Member

I'd already tried that and no luck, the next button just stays greyed out, also doesn't explain why the attached hard disk and DVDRW are not displayed.

10. brock

brock Registered Member

Well, what I have found is this, I restoring an image to a blank disk, if I format the disk and then boot from the Acronis boot CD it then recognizes the network, have no idea why this should be and doesn't sound right, bug in the software?

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello brock, sdavis57 and jslegers,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating does not solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

12. brock

brock Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

I did start a similar thread ' Default Can TI9 restore an image to a blank hard disk? ' - which I did provide info for the build version, for the record I first tried build 3886, then I tried build 3887, both didn't work.

Unfortunately I had to commission the PC quite urgently, so I used the workaround, consequently, I may not be able to replicate the conditions again, but it definitely did what I said it did and it was crossed checked against several PCs, all running the Intel 965 mainboard (ICH8?) + Core 2 Duo E6600.

13. Inigmntoya

Inigmntoya Registered Member

Hi folks... just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here...

I'm a long-time ATI (version 8 ) user that just built a new PC, and am trying out TI 9.1 Workstation + Universal Restore with mixed results.

Common to us all -- 965 based motherboard (Mine's an MSI P965 Platinum) and a Core 2 Duo E-6600. I've also got 2G of Corsair 800Mhz RAM.

I've got XP Pro installed on a 2 disk (WD 250G) RAID 0 set, and that all seems fine and happy. From within XP I can run TI fine, but standalone operations are another story.

The full versions _hang_ on boot... I think on ehci.sys or similar -- right around where USB stuff is being recognized. If I boot in "SAFE" mode, surprisingly I can still see the RAID set, but USB operations are bogged down at 1.1 speeds. I tried to have ATI build a BartPE disk, but it wouldn't boot right -- I pulled down the PE Builder itself and managed to get something going there, but again with very slow USB access.

I want/need to be able to backup and restore quickly from a stand-alone mode and that means both seeing the RAID and full speed USB access. Network will come later - right now I've got a USB-based 54G wireless adapter, but when fully in place the PC will be 100mb wired ethernet.

I've got the "latest" build, have tried noapic acip=off at some point, etc.

I also managed one attempt at a universal restore from my old box I'm looking to migrate over --- it started to boot, but then blue-screened. The data partitions seems to have come over just fine --- but due to the lack of fast USB, I was only able to do this by physically mounting the old system's drive in the new box and making images from there to spare space on the RAID set.

I want to like this product, but the necessary level of trust that a restore will be possible when I need it most isn't there yet.

It sounds like maybe they just need an update for the 965 chipset... but how long before that happens?

14. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

If you want to use a BartPE disk follow Mustang's Guide to building a BartPE Disk and use one of Mustang's Plugins http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/. Wireless is not supported in any flavor of TI. The windows environment is far superior to the Linux rescue CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.