Sata drive not recognized by TI9 rescue disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Secure1, Dec 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Secure1

Secure1 Registered Member

My TI9 rescue disk (build 3677) refuses to recognize my Hitachi/Deskstar HDS724040KL5A80 400gb SATA drive. This drive is a couple years old... so I'm kind of surprised it wasn't recognized by TI...

Am I missing something? I've been backing up regularly from within Windows XP, and now that I have to restore using the rescue disk, it doesn't work...

I tried full and safe modes, and the 'quiet acpi=off noapic' command, but regardless, this drive doesn't appear in TI. What should I try next?

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

If your running XP you can build a BartPE http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ disk with one of Mustang's plugins http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/ or use the BartPE plugin included with TI 9.0. The rescue disk is notorious for not having Linux drivers to support some hardware, especially SATA drives and USB enclosures. After this you will probably want to make another image and do a restore to be sure all works as planned.

3. Secure1

thomasjk

Thanks for the reply

I haven't tried the BartPE disk... The last time I looked, the Acronis plugin was for TI version 8. The plugin is included with TI9? This must be the same TI version 8 that's on the Acronis website, right?

I'll check out the Mustang drivers.

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

No V9 plugin included with TI is not the same a V8.

5. bonsai63

bonsai63 Registered Member

You can also submit an official support ticket.

I had a very similar situation where my motherboard required raid drivers specific to the motherboard in order to use the SATA ports even though I was not using them in a raid array.

Granted, it took them several weeks to reply, but when they finally did they resolved my situation. They provided a link to a burnable TI iso bootable image that included the driver capability that I needed.

I tried BART PE route and was not particularly successful with it. I'm sure it's a great way to go, I just didn't have the time or energy to figure it out properly.

Good luck!

If it will help, here is a link to my post:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=153771

6. Secure1

OK, I'm trying TI build 3854, with Mustang's plugin, with the BartPE (reatogo) disk, but the drive is still not recognized.

So, I downloaded the WinXP driver for this drive from Dell.com (its a Dell PC) and loaded it by pressing F6 during bootup of the BartPE disk. I can now read and WRITE to the drive, from the BartPE environment... BUT

Acronis TI (in BartPE) now "sees" the drive, but STILL won't write to it! It says its unsupported. Now what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.