Sata and IDE drive ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by risson, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. risson

risson Registered Member

Hi all... this is my first post here and any help would be greatly appreciated..

I tried to search and also look through the posts for something similar to my question ... here it is..

I currenly purchased my first (new) Sata drive. I'm currently running 3 IDE hard drives on my pc and would like to make the Sata my primary. I have Acronis 9.0 True Image build 2259..

My question is this, will I be able to take the current image I have (from my primary drive (C:), which is currently saved on a different hard drive (other than primary) and then install my Sata drive and place the image on it?

Any ideas, instructions or pointers that I will need to know to do this?

Thanks for you help...

RiSSoN

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

The answer is yes to your question. You can use the cloning feature to do this. But first and foremost update to Build 2337 and uninstall your current build and then install B2337. If you search the forum you will see there are a couple of ways to do what you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.