SATA AHCI Mode

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by harringg, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harringg

harringg Registered Member

I'm NOT asking for support for ADI here.

I've got Active Disk Image, but it won't see a drive in a PC that is a Lenovo C20X ThinkStation, Windows 7 64-Bit.

The drives are SATA and the BIOS has:

SATA Controller Mode Option: Compatible
    SATA Mode Selection: AHCI

I’m guessing since it’s not IDE, ADI isn’t seeing the drive.

I've downloaded the Intel AHCI driver, http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS012633

and still can't get the ADI disk to see the internal drive of that PC.

What I am asking is: if HDM 12 Suite and Paragon BMB will allow me to create a bootable CD that will allow me to see the internal SATA drive (AHCI Mode) on that Lenovo ThinkStation and allow me to make a disk image of the drive. If so, I'll purchase HDM 12, since the demo doesn't come with the BMB to try before I buy.

I've got a new PC that I want to image before adding any more software to and will want to make incremental images over time as well. If HDM 12 is capable of booting of a CD, seeing and imaging the internal SATA drive (in AHCI mode) to an external HDD, I'm ready to purchase.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

The WinPE medium built using BMB should also recognize the disk. But it is impossible to be sure without effectively trying it on the specific machine you are using. If the disk isn´t recognized, it is possible to add drivers and try again. You need to point the BMB to the .INF files of the 32-bit drivers.

3. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

I never had problem any imaging program recognizing SATA ACHI Mode hard disk on my nine computers, and that includes ADI even without injecting any drivers. Eight of these nine computers are Windows x64 bits.

Try the Intel RSTL drivers or Lenovo modified RSTL drivers. If your system accept the Intel RSTL drivers then it is better than Microsoft ACHI driver (Lenovo modified).

Best regards,

4. harringg

I've purchased Paragon Hard Disk Manager 12 Professional, made a boot disk (installed WAIK to allow the boot disk creation), booted of the newly created CD-R boot disk and it won't see the internal drive on the Lenovo PC. Just the external USB drive I'm planning to store the backup image to and the Boot CD.

Is this beyond the scope of the user forums and should I open a support ticket?

Or do you have some links you could provide for the drivers you mentioned, and a quick walk through of adding the .inf files?

Lenovo ThinkStation C20X, M/T-M: 4269-A69

Thanks

5. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

6. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Please make sure the drivers you are attempting to add are also 32 bit based drivers, the WinPE based RCD that is created is based on a 32 bit environment regardless of your OS architecture.

7. harringg

The Intel downloads from this post, August 23rd, 2012 12:58 PM, weren't working when I last checked them. Said not available. I checked this morning and have downloaded them, the link was working.

I'll try again with those.

I've got an open support case, waiting for followup, with the developer and now my issue is when installing the program on the internal HDD and runnnig it from there, I see the internal HDD in HDM, but it can't find the external drive I want to write to (even though it's visible/accessible in Explorer).

Hope these drivers will now let me create a boot CD and see the internal drive. I'll report back when I get a chance to try.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.