SAS and BootSafe

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by MikeBCda, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I don't think I'm registered at the SAS forums (don't have them bookmarked, anyway), so this may have already brought up there (or possibly even here, I didn't search).

The BootSafe app which accompanies SAS (has to be run separately, there's no way to get it from within SAS) is a handy way to save a few steps when you want to reboot into safe mode, particularly in eliminating the need to hit F8 at just the right time.

One thing to watch for, and while this is mentioned in the main SAS help files it's not shown anywhere in the BootSafe interface. When you're ready to reboot back into normal mode, you must run BootSafe again first, otherwise it'll just boot back into safe mode. Presumably it works by altering and saving the Win boot configuration file(s).

2. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Sounds like it, as I'd mentioned guessing in my original post. But obviously, while there's of course no guarantees, the priority of most of us should be to (as much as possible) avoid infection in the first place. And with a clean system, no need to worry about which way you do the reboot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.