SanDisk Conflict (Acronis 6 and 7)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by surfaway, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfaway

surfaway Registered Member

Acronis is good software but be careful if you're running a SanDisk card reader. There is apparently a conflict between the driver for Sandisk and Acronis 7.0.

If you run Acronis and and get a BSOD, you might be interested in the message I sent to Acronis in February.

------------------------------------------
    There appears to be a conflict between your software and the driver for my
    combo SanDisk drive. Specifically usbarw.sys. I found that if I uninstalled
    the SanDisk flash reader, I could run your software. If I reinstalled, your
    software would crash at a specific point, repeatably and predictably.
    ------------------------------------------

The reply from Tech support was that I should disable my card reader if I wanted to perform a backup.

Don't take this wrong, I like Acronis but this is something you might want to be aware of. And since I debugged it to the point I solved my personal problem, some of you who go deeper might figure out something else is going on. I'm just posting my own experience, not declaring victory.

2. Modred

Modred Registered Member

What version of Windows are you using. I'm running WinXP Home and have never had a problem with TI and my SanDisk compact flash card reader.

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Surfaway and Modred,

Indeed a good question by Modred: which Windows version?

Maybe it is also a good idea to give a bit more other info (if appropriate; I don't have a sandisk cardreader), like:

- which type of SanDisk card-reader (in case there are more than one types)
    - which driver-version of your card-reader
    - internal/external (I assume external)
    - how is the card-reader connected to your PC (I assume USB; is it on your PC connected to an USB 1 or 2 bus?).

Maybe that could clear things a bit more; just only guessing here...

4. surfaway

surfaway Registered Member

Windows 2000 / 384MB / 800MHz etc...

SanDisk Imagemate (USB)

Dual Reader CF-SDMMC
    Model SDDR-73

SanDisk Driver ver 1.0.0.0

Acronis 7.0, latest patches as of this weekend.

This problem first surfaced a couple of months ago and I had searched the newsgroups for comparable posts to no avail. I put this up just in case anyone was in a similar situation. On my machine the conflict is repeatable and predictable. I sent screen shots, error messages and step by step instructions to Acronis in case they could help. At the time I was trying to debug this, my SanDisk driver was current, I haven't checked back for awhile due to time constraints. Again, this post is just FYI.

If I get a chance this weekend to check/update the SanDisk driver I'll repost to advise if it still crashes or not.

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Thanks a lot Surfaway for your info !

I hope Modred will also post the specs, so they can be compared (hoping that that will help Acronis).

Cheers, Jan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.