Sandboxie(?)

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by SG1, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Have read about (the above program) on the boards, here: did D'L the file, but have not installed it as of yet. Sounds like a bit of fiddling around to do, but yet I wonder - for those of you using Sandboxie - how is it? Worthwhile? Known conflicts, with any of the major security apps?

Opinions/advice, appreciated, as always.
    Best, SG1 (Pat)

2. benton4

benton4 Registered Member

I use without any real problems. I like to try new software all the time and sometimes the software I try won't load right. I think it's because in Sandboxie, stuff is only allowed to go so far. Not too hard to figure out. Give it a try and see what you think.

3. GUI_Tex

GUI_Tex Registered Member

I have various concerns with sandboxie, just today I found it in the freeware section at snapfiles.com, and heard alot of talk about it, I read a couple of the reviews at the website.. It is not free, I got that out of the bag... :rolleyes: After a while (30 days) it starts nagging, how much nagging? It tries to connect to check for updates at system start, is this necessary? It connects to third party server, does it even need a connection? I'm echoeing sg1's question, but is the free version worth anything?

I'm trying it right now, I dont even notice it's there which is good, it crashed a few times, nothing to serious, I've tested it out and it does what it says, It tried to do an update,, I definetly cancled that, set itself to boot at start up, I canceld that too, now I need a little more information on what happends after thirdy days, is it still fully functional? It does seem promising though.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  4. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Yep,still functional after 30 days but a nag screen comes up.Damn good app as far as I'm concerned.Give it a good trial and once you know the ins and outs I'm sure you will like it.

As I have images to restore from all I run is Sandboxie and ZA for program control.I do have E-trust vet av and Ewido as on demand which haven't found any nasties since running my browser through Sandboxie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.