Sandboxie versus GesWall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TheMozart, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I had the same support as bellgamin when I was using GeSWall. I posted a question and either the same day or the next it was answered in full. I also asked the question here and it was answered as well.

Ice

2. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Support through the forum is nil unless Henk is monitoring it. However, I have contacted suport several times through email and Brian gets back with you rather quickly; usually the next day. Support it there for GW just not usually through the forum.

3. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Yes, I believe that was his name. But also someone from the GeSWall staff answered a question or 2. However, you really can't compare their forum to SBIE, OA etc. etc.

Ice

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Henk is the most knowledgeable power user I know in regard to GeSWall (and he is Dutch off course :D ) :thumb:

5. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

No answer, so I re-posted here. :rolleyes:

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

To clarify...

1- I use DefenseWall (DW) 2.56 on my main computer, & intend to buy/install version 3 of DW once it comes out of beta.

2- I run GW PRO on my netbook.

Aloha from Hawaii,
    Bill Bellgamin

7. captainron

captainron Registered Member

Useful info thank you. I am a fan of both programs and the principle on which these programs are built. These apps and similar ones are the future IMO. That said I've only used sandboxie in XP.

Based on my reading, the biggest knock on geswall would be that you need to disable UAC realistically to use the program, but its very strong at securing a pc IMO.

How does sandboxie interact with UAC? Sandboxie users, do you have to disable UAC?

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Brian did email me today and reinterated they are swamped with requests for 64 bit Geswall. He said they are working very hard on it and I feel sure it wont be long. Of course I cant post his email so you will have to, "trust" me.

Kind of like the 64 bit ShadowDefender that folks said would not happen. Geez.

9. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Sandboxie works fine with UAC and the current betas include a new UAC elevation dialog that makes things even easier.

10. captainron

captainron Registered Member

excellent, thanks scoobs

11. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I had just used geswall pro and defensewall. I found geswall easier to use. It also didn't seem to have the lag that defensewall had. Also when I downloaded a file it showed it in my normal download file but had a little G next to it. All I did was right click and hit accept as trusted. Very cool.

12. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I've been running DW 3 for a month or more, since it became open beta. Not a single complaint whatsoever. Just upgraded to the latest Beta 5 (I think) version today. Again, no problems with upgrade or while running.

Tried geswall a while back. Everyone has their comfort zone when it comes to computers and software. Geswall is very good, but I've never been comfortable with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.