Sandboxie v2.86 problem

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ThunderZ, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

When I try to run my default browser, FF 2.0.0.3 Sandiboxed by clicking on the Sandboxie quick launch icon I receive a Message from Sandboxie Driver stating "SBIE2208 Cannot remove registry hive: [C0000121]" Any one else, ideas, suggestions?

Update; Firefox will run sandboxed when right clicking on its` quick launch icon and selecting Run Sandboxed.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?SBIE2208

3. ThunderZ

Thank you Franklin. But 2 questions still remain. What is using it and why? At the moment all I run sandboxed is FF. Also, why won`t the Sandboxie quicklaunch icon launch FF.

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

ThunderZ: the obvious check would be what other programs do you have running?
    I assume you've wondered about that, but unless you mention that to us, we can't guess it:D
    It shouldn't be whatever you sandboxed, but another program, like AV etc.

5. ThunderZ

Good question Pedro. Had not thought in that fashion since I had not added any programs since I first ran earlier versions of Sandboxie without problems. I have tried reverting to a previous version without success. o_O
    While my security set-up is by todays standards a bit out of date with the exception of Nod32, it has served me well for my type of PC usage and surfing.
    1)Nod32 Full vers.
    2)ZA Pro 5.8.094
    3)ProcessGuard 3.410 Full vers.
    4)DiamondCS Wormguard
    5)DiamondCS Regprotector
    3,4, and 5 were disabled upon the second install attempt of Sandboxie after experiencing the problems mentioned with the first install attempt. Have also tried running Sandboxie with them disabled. I have tried running FF triggered by Sandboxies quicklaunch icon with all 3 disabled. Same problem. The only thing I can think that has changed is upgrading to FF 2.0.0.3
    Think that about covers it. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.