Sandboxie. Scan and recover feature?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by albsat, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. albsat

albsat Registered Member

Hello there,

After playing some days with Sandboxie free, I think I found the perfect setup with sandboxie +MSE and win firewall. I have created special "sandboxed" shortcuts of windows explorer, skype, and firefox, and 2 usb port and I access internet only from these shortcuts. for the rest like word, excel, I hope that MSE will protects me locally.

I have one question. Is it possible to add an option to sandbox that while you downloaded a file, you can scan it with MSE before recovering? One scenario could be to put it to invoke MSE at the same time your recovering files from Sandboxie?

What do you think guys? I would like to avoid manual scanning option at best.

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

MSE will scan the files as soon as they touch your hard drive; that includes the sandbox. So, even before you recover any file, MSE will trigger an alert if it finds the file to be malicious.

3. albsat

albsat Registered Member

@m00nbl00d

Thnx man for your reply. How can I do a test this? :) Are there any testing "viruses", that just check your av strength, in this case MSE?

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

-http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

-edit-

To test the strength of an AV, only with real malware. ;) That's just a small test to show that AV is working.

5. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Not using MSE now but I remember that using Firefox, files were scanned
    before the downloaded was finished, I think it works the same with
    IE but not so sure about Chrome. I usually did not scan my files again.

Bo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.