Sandboxie question

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Get, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get

Get Registered Member

I have seperate sandboxes for some applications. When I'm on a webpage and click on a pdf-link Sumatra will open in the Firefoxsandbox, but it has it's own. How to make it open in its own sandbox while opening it through Firefox?

2. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

I don't think you can. It will be the firefox plug-in that is opening the pdf if it is viewed inside the browser or the process that spawned the reader process if choosing to 'open with' so it will remain in the firefox sandbox.

You need to download the document (qiuck recover or whatever it if you use that) and then open the document. It should then open in the reader sandbox (unless the file is downloaded to a folder forced to sandbox in which case the folder box should take precedence).

Cheers

3. constantine76

constantine76 Registered Member

chris1341 is right there as far as I know. The plugin kicks-off and the sandbox which controls the browser will still be tops. Wanted to ask that same question before.

I don't know if Sully has a workaround for it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.