Sandboxie Plus 0.9.6

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, Sep 12, 2021.

1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Have you tried turning off Hardware Acceleration in Chrome?

2. Ritzter007

Ritzter007 Registered Member

The Hardware Acceleration must have been the issue. I turned HA off and activated the Chrome Sandbox and Chrome launched. Weird that I never had to do that before. Thanks for you help "stapp".

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Good to hear you are sorted now :thumb:

4. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

I have 2 comps and 1 Laptop with Edge installed.
    For this/that unknown reason, I can't clean my Sandboxed Edge browsing history.
    It just turns and turns without any ending while using Sandboxie v.5.51.6.
    Somehow, I believe its only my Edge on my Windows 10 computers that gives me that stupid problem.

EdgeSandboxed.JPG

5. plat

plat Registered Member

Oh wow, OK, I just tried to clear the browsing history in Edge boxed, with all the boxes checked like in your screenshot. The circle turned around 3 times and it cleared. I'm running Windows 11 but I don't think that's relevant. I can only say that clearing the browsing data is possible w/Edge v. 93.0.961.52 boxed/Classic v. 5.51.6.

6. zmechys

I think I've found a problem.
    It's about "Media Foundation Data".
    If I uncheck it, it cleans history without any issues.
    EdgeSandboxed-Problem.JPG

7. plat

plat Registered Member

VERY nice observation. Yes, I only went by the top four ones above. The Media Foundation data one was UNchecked in my Edge settings. No wonder it worked on here.

Hopefully the SBIE developer will make a note of your finding and fix this. :thumb:

8. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

This error was already reported on github, nut it does nto seam to be easy to fix, given that there is a good workaround, just uncheck that box, its not high priority.
    Also I'm not sure if these data are even stored if deleting fails its likely that saving and loading also does.

9. zmechys

Thank you. I've unchecked that box.

10. catspyjamas

catspyjamas Registered Member

This clearing browser history thing in Edge - I'm not so sure this actually has anything to do with Sandboxie. I never have that Media Foundation option ticked, but my "Clearing Browser Data" box sometimes hangs and fails to complete too. It started some months ago. It only happens now and again, but it happens on both sandboxed AND unsandboxed Edge. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it... at least not one I've been able to put my finger on.

11. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

@Guys clearing browser data while running Edge sandboxed. Personally, I never clear browser data while running Edge under Sandboxie. The reason? Doing it gives no gain. In fact, when I am running Edge sandboxed I avoid opening Settings as I know doing it changes nothing outside the sandbox and it triggers Sandboxie messages which in turn gives headaches to some people. So, (I know I wrote this before), whenever I am going to use Edge, before running it sandboxed, I open the browser unsandboxed, update it if there is an available update, and clear browser data. After that, I am ready to run Edge under SBIE. Also, with MS browsers, I prefer (for better health) to stay away from using CCleaner to clean them. HTH someone.

Bo

12. GrDukeMalden

GrDukeMalden Registered Member

Why all the new threads? I keep tracking the new ones but then you make more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.