Sandboxie Personal

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by max2, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max2

max2 Registered Member

I recently bought and love it! My only problem so far is Left 4 Dead 2 and Steam.

When I installed Steam sandboxed (sorry don't want it directly on my system) and then install Left 4 Dead 2 after I try to start it up it says incomplete installation. Is there anyway to fix this please ?

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

My experience installing games is 0 but most games should install just fine sandboxed. Make sure you run the installer on a default settings sandbox and don't enable "Drop Rights".

Bo

3. max2

max2 Registered Member

That is what I did. The whole thing that is bothering me is I got it working fine once a few days ago. I was shocked but I had to redo it. Can't remember why. Now mad at myself lol.

Someone else think it has something to do with the Steam Cloud service for game saves and settings. I think they may be right.

4. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

I've also installed my Steam inside Sandboxie to play Team Fortress 2... everything works fine :)

5. max2

max2 Registered Member

Yep and there we go my proof! It does work. Done it before.

6. max2

max2 Registered Member

Fixed! Thankfully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.