sandboxie or bufferzone free

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by vhick, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vhick

vhick Registered Member

i which is good between these to sandbox hips? i try geswall and it is good, but i have a problem in mmc snap-in. i always get an error. i try sandboxie and bufferzone free, both light.what do you prefer in this two sandbox hips?thanks!;)

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I've only tried SandboxIE, sorry. For now, i don't see myself going for anything else. Ask about SandboxIE or GeSWall, i'll see if i can answer, i've tried them. Bufferzone i don't know.

3. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I've used them both and settled for Sandboxie. BufferZone is bigger but I noticed no slowdowns or problems on my computer with either of them and frankly would recommend either one.

I chose Sandboxie, which I use occasionally because it I liked it better.

Actually, what I use 95% or more of the time is PowerShadow, a virtualization program that leaves absolutely nothing behind. You click a button to enter into shadow mode and reboot or turn off your computer to leave, and every single thing you did online is gone.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=161735

You can download it from a link in the above thread and try it if you like. The license key that registers it is in the 12th post. It's all legal. The key was obtained from the PowerShadow site.

It's another in a growing list of options, but is the one I would choose over either BZ or Sandboxie if I had to have only one.

4. vhick

vhick Registered Member

thanks to all of you...

@sir chuck, i already tried powershadow two days ago. nice but i didn't fits to my needs. i don't like shadowing my whole drive/s for this. i look for a virtualization hips accompanied by a behavour hips.

i like bufferzone do. like when i downloading files directly on my specific folder but bufferzone is still activate on that file. what im going to do is to release bufferzone on that particular file. but to many function is disable in bufferzone console.

snadboxie have a isolated folder where all your activities is in there. you need to recover the files after your work and that time consume. but it have many configuration.

5. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Either BufferZone or Sandboxie are excellent, in my opinion, and I've run both for a month each. As I said, I use Sandboxie now, but still have BufferZone on my other drive and can install it whenever I get the urge. I don't think you can go wrong whichever you choose. They're both great programs.

6. vhick

vhick Registered Member

thanks sir chuck...

maybe i go for sandboxie a couple of days if its fits my needs. if still dont, i go for bufferzone free..

thanks again!.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.