Sandboxie ( Open File Path and Recover Folder Problem )

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Chevallier0078, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevallier0078

Chevallier0078 Registered Member

Hello, i would like to create an open File path in the view to use the "Bookmark Backup" FireFox plugin. This extension create automatic and periodic backups of the bookmarks inside a specific directory that is not located inside the system partition ( somedays, i didn't recover the Sandbox and if a crash occur in the system, i won't be able to recover the last bookmarks after formating ! ).
    Normally the open File path is supposed to let sandboxed programs have direct access to update files and folders outside the sandbox.

So i have tried to modified my sandboxie.ini ( i'm using a 3.01 registrated version wich is an older version but i don't want to update for different reasons ) in the view to open the File path :

[DefaultBox]

Enabled=yes
    CopyLimitKb=300000
    OpenProtectedStorage=yes
    OpenFilePath=thunderbird.exe,%AppData%\Thunderbird
    OpenFilePath=thunderbird.exe,%Local AppData%\Thunderbird
    OpenFilePath=iexplore.exe,%Favorites%
    OpenFilePath=firefox.exe,%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\bookmark*

THIS is the insertion i have made :
    OpenFilePath=%Personal%\BOOKMARKS\
    OpenFilePath=J:\BOOKMARKS\BOOKMARK BACKUP\

But it's not working .. although the automatic updates are still working because i can see them when i open windows explorer sandboxed.

The second problem i didn't understand : i would like to recover those updates inside a specific partition i have made to all my backups. But when i specify the recover Folder in the sandboxie.ini it's strange but it's not working in the partition i want ( i have 3 partitions : C + I + J .. J = Backups partition .. if i put the recover folder in I : it's working // if i put the recover folder in J : it's not working ! ) :

RecoverFolder=%Favorites%
    RecoverFolder=%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
    RecoverFolder=%Personal%
    RecoverFolder=%Desktop%

RecoverFolder=I:\TEMP\MES FICHIERS RECUS
    RecoverFolder=J:\BOOKMARKS\BOOKMARK BACKUP

Thank you in advance if someone understand the solution !

Richard.

2. Sully

Sully Registered Member

First thing to try, surround paths with spaces in quotes.

RecoverFolder=J:\BOOKMARKS\BOOKMARK BACKUP

try this

RecoverFolder="J:\BOOKMARKS\BOOKMARK BACKUP"

I cant remember if this is important in SB or not, but very easy first thing to try.

Sul.

3. Chevallier0078

I have tried your Formulation inside sandboxie.ini but it's not working : when i create a new File inside those sandboxed Folders, the recovery is only working inside the partition I and not inside J ! ..

RecoverFolder=I:\TEMP\MES FICHIERS RECUS
    RecoverFolder="J:\BOOKMARKS\BOOKMARK BACKUP"

i have tried to simplify the path : RecoverFolder=J:\BOOKMARKS .. but the problem is still there.

Jean Michel.

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

It should work, although an older version such as that perhaps could be the limitation.

For example I do this in the latest version

First I made a template to be used in any sandbox that looks like this
    Code:
    [Template_Local_Allow_Direct_Access]

Tmpl.Title=Allow_Direct_Access
    Tmpl.Class=Local
    OpenFilePath=%Personal%\My Downloads\
    I use this template in a sandbox like this

Code:
    Template=Local_Allow_Direct_Access
    I also use some recovery directories, which look like this

Code:
    RecoverFolder=c:\documents and settings\%user%\My Documents\My Music
    Really, looking at your examples, assuming you have rights to access/manipulate the direct access or recove directories, I don't see why it does not work.

Sul.

5. Chevallier0078

I have just realised that some modifications inside sandbox.ini are not immédiatly active without rebooting the system .. That is the case with the recover Folders and the allow direct access : everything is working after a simple reboot ! I apologize the loss of time and thanks for your help.

Best regards. Jean Michel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.