Sandboxie not getting along with Firefox

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by AaLF, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

I have FF17 & SB 3.76 & when I open the sandboxed FF as soon as I click on a new tab or try to open a link it freezes over with a 50% white screen covering for a while and goes into "not responding". Even the 'white fog' lifts but the "not responding" remains until I give up & by-pass SB. Eventually the tab or link finally opens, usually a minute or two later but every click of the mouse sends it tumbling again into 'not responding'.

I have so far uninstalled & reinstalled both FF & SB. Nothing's changed.

Browsers outside Sandboxie are fine.

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Do you have FF set for automatic updates? If so then you may be using version 18 just released yesterday which has a minor conflict with SB. If you are indeed using version 18 of Firefox check out this thread at the Sandboxie forums:

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=14439

The fix worked perfectly for me, if that is not your problem then wishing you good luck,
    Acadia

3. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

For the record, I'm running FF v18.0 in SBIE without any problems. Maybe it's a 64-bit problem only? I think I noticed everyone that reported the problem was using a 64-bit OS.

Oh, and Acadia, I'm in south-central PA right now as well. York area.

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Yup, I'm running 64-bit. I do most of my surfing in a VM using a 32-bit so I did not have to do the simple fix, but I had to on my main machine.

Acadia
    (suburb of Harrisburg)

5. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

x64 W7, Ff 18 and/or Cyberfox 18 with zero issues.

6. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

No issues on W7/XP, both 32 bits.

Bo

7. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Uninstalling PLUS deleting the old program folder has stopped the non-responsive script glitch.

8. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Unfortunately I was too quick to declare victory. Not long after the "activate your copy" panel popped up. As soon as I clicked Sandboxie tumbled back into its old 'non-responsive' habit of holding the show while it ambles its way through stupid non-reponsive scripts.

Last night Sandboxie was uninstalled & a 'BAN' slapped on it. A very sad moment.

9. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

No problems with Windows 8 x64, Sandboxie 4.01 beta and Firefox 18. Maybe an antivirus conflict?

10. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

In sandboxie did you check the software compatibility assistant to make sure firefox is checked.
    Sorry if it doesnt help and might be a long shot but i had a similar problem with the chrome browser.

11. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I cannot take credit for this discovery, someone at the Sandboxie forums discovered it, at the link I posted above. The problem seems to be with those of us who use FF18, SB, and Online Armor.

Disable the "Show colored border on programs set to RunSafer" option in Online Armor and sandboxed FF menus work now just fine without the need to disable the hardware acceleration.

Thanks to the fellow at SB forum who discovered this,
    Acadia

12. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Just looked in my firewall settings, I have sandboxie license manager in there, have you added this ? In program files it's license.exe

13. Function

Function Registered Member

Ah thank you (also a thank you to Acadia) for this information. With the basic Firefox theme the menus were okay but with a full theme I was getting the blacked out menus. Now I can return to having a theme while keeping the project the same for all 3 programs.

14. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Back to my problem. FF stalls ( non responsive script) inside SB. Outside is fine. Seems to be a conflict with flash player.

Attached is Resource Access Monitor report of the following:

OPEN SANDBOXIE BROWSER > Open youtube > select vid to watch > click on a new tab while waiting.

Posted in case anyone can read a SB RAM report in the hope they can spot the conflict.

Attached Files:

15. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.