Sandboxie - New Version Released

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by TheKid7, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

It might be just me, but web browsing seems faster.

3. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

Upgrading from my old installation really messed it up for me. I would recommend uninstalling the old and installing the new version.

4. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

Did u disable comodo & windows defnder during instal?The only times i had problem was with version 2.8 and outpost firewall,quite a long time ago

5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

It seems faster to me to.

6. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Web browsing seems faster in both IE and Firefox. I also notice I don't have that little bit of lag I had with opening menus and stuff. All in all working nicely along with Edge so far.

7. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

8. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I agree,This is the only thing that every keept me from using sandboxie it had to much lag on my vista no matter how I configured it even as a standalone,all is well now and hope its all a thing of the past.:thumb:

9. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Ahhhhh, so I wasn't the only one who experienced it. I thought it was just something on my machine but....I guess you could call it good...that someone else experienced this.

10. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

I've never experience slowdown with sandboxie.

11. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

No problem with MAMUTU at all with the new SandboxIE here like another user complained about.

12. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

I am currently trying out norman security suite. And i sendt an email request to their support asking for their sandbox technology compared to sandboxie.

I got a reply saying that they normally dont talk about other poducts, but he could say that sandboxie was a bad(not a good) copy of their sandbox. I know that norman has been using sandbox technology for many many years. But is this true?

Is it possible for some of you guys who use sandboxie to try out normans sandbox and give a comparison? I think you have to install their security suite. But hey.. I would be fun to see if this is totally unprofessional support!

I know that the biggest bank in Norway has been using norman for quite som years and many other big companies also use it.

I could have done this myself, but my program understanding are limited when it comes to this sort of programs!

Anyone?

13. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Norman is quite fine as an av even an advanced one if you will but saying sandboxie sox is very unprofessional as most advanced users here now that SB without a doubt is much much more advanced and secure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.