Sandboxie lately needs also to access surf history

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Jarmo P, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

I mean I allowed it to access bookmarks to Firefox and it was just ok. Past versions allowed I needed to allow just that. Why it now allows also my history of surfing of the sites i allow as bookmarks? It is desired as a wish to be able to as i delete she sandbox, to also not seen where i have browsed, even if they are in my bookmarks

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Its been like that forever, nothing has changed lately in either Firefox or SBIE with respect to how bookmarks and history are handled.

Firefox uses a file named places.sqlite to save bookmarks and history. To save either one, you need to save the other. I erase history by setting Firefox in Options>Privacy to "Never remember History".

Bo

3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I don't do anything to Sandbox as far as configuring it with Eraser. And I am pretty sure that when I delete the Sandbox, there is no trace of browsing history.

4. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

This is the file that Firefox uses to save bookmarks and history. It is also the file that SBIE allows directs access when you allow bookmarks to be saved out of the sandbox. Read the second line. Probably, you have Firefox set not to remember history as I do.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Places.sqlite

Bo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.