Sandboxie>Firefox 47.0.1>Theme Font & Size Changer!

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ratchet, Jul 11, 2016.

1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I feel naked as I've had to uninstall Sandboxie 5.12 on x64 W10 desktop. Sandboxie would not "keep" Firefox v47.0.1. I tried upgrading with Sandboxie enabled and disabled. Every new session would revert to v47, then a warning about T F & S C, even if I disabled it, and then render my Firefox bars and drop down menus with large thin fonts in the bars and drop down menu fonts so small you could hardly read them. Anyone else experiencing this? I'll post this on Firefox and Sandboxie forums too! Thank you!

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

This is what I think can be the reason for that. If you don't delete contents of your sandbox automatically when you close Firefox or didn't do it manually either before upgrading Firefox to version 47.0.1, then when you run Firefox 47.0.1 in a sandbox that still contains contents from the times when you ran version 47, you might experience what you are describing.

Your solution for that is to delete contents. Or create a new sandbox. For the Font issue, at the SBIE forum you were guided to read the thread below. I ll post it here as it might be helpful to other users.
    http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22331&p#p117199

Bo

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

As always, thank you Bo! So here is what I did and so far so good! I uninstalled Sandboxie. A few hours later, I ran Disk Cleanup as administrator and then CCleaner. I downloaded and re-installed Sandboxie thru Edge. I knew, like most licensed software with numerous options and settings, my setup would be in tact and indeed it was.
    I have no idea how long I was using Ff v47. I always upgrade with Sandboxie disabled or even exit it. I then re-enable and check a few times to make sure it "stuck" sandboxed. Probably what happened, I restored a Macrium Reflect image over the weekend because I had accidentally removed a couple pictures. The restored image must have just been Ff v47. I checked all the rest of my software, making sure they were up to date but never checked Ff. When Theme Font & Size Changer updated it created chaos. Perhaps a T F & S C version that was only compatible with Ff v47.0.1

4. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

So it was not an issue. Thats great. :)

Bo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.