Sandboxie/DefenseWall

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by tezzaa, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tezzaa

tezzaa Registered Member

Hi,

I have Sandboxie and DefenseWall installed on my PC. I noticed that Sandboxie is running withing DefenseWall as an unstrusted application. Is this OK or will lead to any problems? Has anyone else got a set-up like this?

Regards

tezzaa

2. tezzaa

tezzaa Registered Member

Any replies?

tezzaa

3. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Probably no replies as posted in the wrong forum. Maybe mods will move for you.

DW will make trusted applications started by untrusted ones untrusted as well. For example if you start a sandboxed browser the DW untrusted application (the browser) starts the SBIE processes SandboxieRpcSs.exe and SandboxieDcomLaunch.exe. As they are started by an untrusted application DW also flags them as untusted.

So effectively if you start an application in the sandbox which is also untrusted by DW then DW will flag the subsequantly started sandboxie processes as untrusted also.

A few posts on the subject at the DW and SBIE forums from what I recall if you want to look there.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.