Sandboxie&Defensewall,overkill?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by osip, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osip

osip Registered Member

As expressed earlier in other post I´m trying Defensewall with Sandboxie already installed...They seems to work together without conflicts...Overkill or not? Pros or cons?
    What could the gaining in this combo be?

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Sounds like an overkill to me...
    Mrk

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Osip,

When you are familiar with Sandboxie, Sandboxie is sufficient. DefenseWall is great when there are also others (security novice) on the PC and you want yor PC quitely protected (when you are not around).

Gr

4. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Sounds overkill to me aswell. I would just choose one of them. Both are excellent programs and can give good protection. I tried both before i made my decision. I went with Defensewall. It was easier for me to use. Also i had few problems with Sandboxie. It wouldnt start with my browser. You also have returnil aswell so you ae well covered.

5. osip

osip Registered Member

Tnx for that feedback, guy´s...This was a test from my side and in general you confirmed my own view...The reason behind this was from a review:
    Both are indeeed excellent and I wish both vendors all the best...

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Kees1958: I am very interested in your experience--DefenseWall can protect your PC quietly when you are not around. Can you tell more?

7. osip

osip Registered Member

I guess he means that DefenseWall is already from the start configured with "untrusted/trusted" so the defence is there no matter of user...Sboxie needs a little more (but very easy,not too complicated), if registered the administrator can configure it to all, if not you have to be aware how to open the sandbox...

cheers...

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Osip: Thanks for your input. Now I understand what Kees1958 has said; when your pc is well configured w/DefenseWall, others can not tamper box while you are not around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.