SandboxIE best practice

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by newbino, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbino

newbino Registered Member

Hi, I apologize in advance if this thread is in the wrong section, or if its title is not clear.

Basically, I have been using SB to great satisfaction in the last few months for my browser, and more recently I have included my email program as well.

What I am wondering is what other kind of apps are people using SB for, and with what benefit.

thanks

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  2. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

Yahoo IM and Limewire. It's nice to have downloads in a sandbox where you can scan them with your antivirus/antispyware and if there's something there, empty the sandbox!

3. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

I use it with WinAmp as I had troubles with it pulling hostile web content in the background before... Now no risk at all...
    Watching Internet streamed TV shows in winamp is also safe within a sandboxie session.

I use the linkscanner Pro console to scan hostile sites within Sandboxie also, so far never had a glitch... (I just wish Linkscanner detected more of the hostiles...)

4. newbino

newbino Registered Member

Ok, so I guess, in order of priority of usage
    1. browser
    2. email
    3. p2p & messaging
    4. any streaming app

basically it can be used with any interenet using application. I am wondering if anybody uses SB also for different purposes, eg keeping a folder locked from some non-internet apps...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.