Sandboxie and Waterfox

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by woomera, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woomera

woomera Registered Member

im a firefox user and been using it with the support of sandboxie and since i really dont like to wait for mozilla to create an x64 version and i recently came across Waterfox which is a 64bit version of firefox and it even uses the firefox profile. also runs firefox.exe inside its folder i noticed.

so my question is this is 64bit browser, do i still need sandboxie for better security or as a 64bit software it doesnt need it?
    and if yes how can i set sandboxie to work with this? i imagine it must be easy since the process name is still firefox.exe and profile folder remains the same.

thanks for any info :)

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I would still use sandboxie. You still need it regardless if its 64 bit or not. All you have to do is add it to forced programs ( if you have the paid version). I don't know much about waterfox but sandboxie will still give you that much more security.

3. woomera

woomera Registered Member

since the process name still remains firefox.exe i checked sandboxie scripts and they seem to be based on the name only so i just ran it using default profile and tried to apply some changes like adding bookmarks, closed waterfox and deleted profile contents and ran waterfox again. all changes were saved :)
    so i guess i dont need to change anything or add new scripts. i have also enabled experimental 64 bit protection, no problems yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.