Sandboxie and P2P Help

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by whitedragon551, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I have FF and IE set to be forced to start in sandboxie and be sandboxed at all times. This is where my issue with P2P lies.

I have uTorrent installed and use it for music. If I am browsing the net and come across a .torrent file to add uTorrent pops up and is sandboxed by default because the browser is sandboxed by force. Anyway to eliminate this issue?

2. mvario

mvario Registered Member

Personally I just save to a torrents directory and then switch to utorrent and open the .torrent file there.

Alternately, you could have utorrent running and set to monitor a specific subdirectory to import new .torrent files it finds there automatically.

3. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Hmm, I don't exactly see what's wrong w/ running uTorrent sandboxed. If you don't want this, then remove the .torrent file association from uTorrent, d/l the torrent file and open it in unsandboxed uTorrent.

There's already a pretty active thread on SBIE configuration, BTW.

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

The problem is on large torrents Sandboxie will throw up complaints about file sizes and the download will run in to problems. I always save the .torrent files to my download folders and then run them un-sandboxed, along with uTorrent. You won't get infected unless you actually run an infected file you downloaded, so its safe and much less of a hassle.

5. whitedragon551

The torrent file itself isnt large and if uTorrent isnt sandboxed then its not an issue.

I just want uTorrent to be excluded without saving .torrent files, opening this and that and loading this and that just to download a 4 minute song. When I click the "download torrent" button I want uTorrent to pop up and let me select the items from the .torrent I want to download and download it without being sandboxed because of the forced FF sandbox. How do I do it?

6. doktornotor

Well, the answer would be - you can't do this.

7. whitedragon551

Then is there a way to Sandbox uTorrent and its associated folders, files, etc and how do I go about doing that?

8. doktornotor

Stick the folders to Resource Access - File Access - Direct Access

9. whitedragon551

Does that include the folder that the .torrent files are stored in as well as the download locations?

10. doktornotor

It includes whatever you don't want to be sandboxed. So yeah, unless you configure uTorrent to looked at the sandboxed location for .torrent, or unless you quick recover the .torrent files to whatever uTorrent looks at.

11. whitedragon551

I got it figured out thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.