Sandboxie and Layer Protection

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by asr, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asr

asr Registered Member

I would appreciate insight from our members on this issue. My question is this:
    I am running Firefox thru Sandboxie. I also have running Malwarebytes live module. SpyShelter Premium, Kasperksy Internet Suite. .....Now as a on demand scanner I run Trojan Remover.
    Now with that said......Are there any of the above not necessary, since Sandboxie has Firefox its its protectiono_O Oh yes also have KeyScrambler.
    Appreciate your feedback:)

2. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Wow, that's a lot of protection......Does your machine still compute?:D I use Sandboxie Paid with WSA Antivirus and that's it for real time protection. I went the last 18 months with no AV, just Sandboxie Paid. I use HMP and MBAM as my on demand scanners.

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Yea you can lose spyshelter as you have kaspersky IS and you can change malwarebytes to on demand instead of RT and your more then good.Sandboxie and kaspersky together is more then enough protection.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  4. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Whoa. Yeah you have some overkill going on there. If you running KIS then you really don't need spyshelter, trojan remover or MBAM. Sandboxie, keyscrambler and KIS should be more than enough. KIS is usually very comprehensive. Leave MBAM as a demand scanner. Spyshelter is overkill since it is a hips/keylogger. KIS has a HIPS and is very good with keylogger. Since you also have keyscrambler you really don't need spyshelter. MBAM is also overkill for real time. KIS has a great antimalware detection. I think that KIS, sandboxie and keyscrambler is a great combo.

5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

No offense to the OP but I dont no how some peoples computers even start up with all the security apps going and on top of all the windows services going.Choke choke a big hairball.:eek:

6. asr

asr Registered Member

Thanks to everyone on their insight, appreciate all of your advise:D As for my pc I am running duel core 4 GB Memory, so my pc runs very smooth and I am thankful l for that.....thanks again for your help:thumb:

7. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Just run Sandboxie and KIS with MBAM as on-demand only. Anything else is unnecessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.