Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ad18, Dec 16, 2013.

1. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

FWIW ~ Cent Browser setup installs in and connects from my default settings sandbox okay.
    4884.png
    your sandbox grants 'centbrowser_n.n.n.nn.exe' Internet Access and Start/Run Access?
    please post complete error message
    https://www.sandboxie.com/SBIE2203
    --
    https://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/index.php

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

3. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Hi innerpeace, I was thinking about that also. Perhaps you are wondering if the change in Firefox will have an effect on saving settings out of the sandbox, right? Perhaps have to change the file or files we allow Direct file access in the Firefox profile folder.

I think the change will have an effect in extensions that save settings in a JSON file. But extensions like NoScript that save settings in a different file (NoScript saves settings in storage-sync.sqlite), the change will have no effect whatsoever. Anyway, I still havent updated but did test saving settings and making changes and importing settings in NoScript in Firefox 66, and all is well. I felt Firefox 66 with NoScript under SBIE ran perfect so I ll probably do the update later today. NoScript is my only extension, and for NoScript I wont have to make any changes in Sandboxie regarding saving settings

In your case, if a change is needed in what file to allow access to, it wont be hard to figure the change to make.

Bo

4. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Thanks for your reply Bo. I'm still using Firefox 62.0.3 so this isn't really an urgent issue for me. I just wanted to get the news out there plus I'll have to update eventually. I'm also using noscript as well as ublock origin. Good to hear the noscript rule won't need changed. My config mentions two firefox profiles so I need to figure out what's going on. Most likely I copied my config from my old pc or maybe refreshing firefox changed something.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.