Ever since Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE) was in beta I was always curious to try it. However according to all reports it was incompatible with sandboxie. The threads on the sandboxie forum beta section say that one of the next 4.x revisions will support it. The thing is I'm stuck on 3.76 due to a few issues in the 4.x line that still haven't been resolved and rather than run the affected apps unsandboxed, I've stuck with the older version. When I finally did test MBAE myself I quickly uninstalled it as the dll was not getting injected into the sandboxed apps, many of which also happen to be the ones I want protected with MBAE. Yesterday I took another look at it and tried to do some troubleshooting of my own hoping that 3.76 might play more nicely with MBAE than the 4.x line and not require any changes to the code/exe. My first attempt seemed promising but quickly proved to be a failure. (this can be found on the SBIE forum ) Today I took another look at it and came up with a much more extensive template. The only hitch I ran into was that an addon I use for sandboxie, "sandboxie extra", does seem to cause issues with MBAE and certain applications. Removing that from the equation fixed my issues and thus far has been rock solid. While I'm sure some extra tweaking will be on it's way as I explore it more or add different apps to MBAE and sandboxie I thought other 3.76 users may want to try it as well. So far my tests have been limited to Sandboxie 3.76 on Windows 7 32bit. _____________________________________________________________________________________ [Template_MBAE] Tmpl.Title=MBAE Tmpl.Class=Security Tmpl.Scan=s Tmpl.ScanKey=\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit OpenIpcPath=*\BaseNamedObjects*\NamedBuffer*Process*API* OpenIpcPath=*\BaseNamedObjects*\MBAE_IPC_PROTECTION_* OpenIpcPath=*\BaseNamedObjects*\Mutex*Process*API* OpenIpcPath=*\RPC Control*\*MBAE_IPC_PROTECTION_* OpenIpcPath=*\BaseNamedObjects*\AutoUnhookMap* OpenIpcPath=*\BaseNamedObjects*\mchMixCache* OpenIpcPath=*\BaseNamedObjects*\Ipc2Cnt* OpenIpcPath=*\BaseNamedObjects*\mchLLEW* ______________________________________________________________________________________ That block can be pasted into the sandboxie.ini and, after reloading the configuration file, activated by running the Software Compatibility option under the configure menu assuming MBAE is already installed. The dll can now be injected and (hopefully) do it's job. I ran the MBAE exploit test in the sandbox and got an alert that it was blocked. It seems to be functioning but I sure could use more input from fellow 3.76 users who may want to use MBAE for 3.x sandboxed apps.