Sandboxie 3.442 Released

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by TheKid7, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Sandboxie 3.442 Released - April 17, 2010

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DownloadSandboxie

Changes to Sandboxie since version 3.44:

Fixes a problem with Windows Update KB979683, which was released on 13 April 2010, and causes Sandboxie to stop working on Windows XP and Windows 2000 computers.

2. Newby

Newby Registered Member

Well that is a nice way of telling "caused SBIE to stop working", it took me half an hour to get XP working properly again. I consider myself lucky having image backups :thumbd:

3. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

Great software. Although it says that it only fixes a problem with windows update i find it faster, lite and more compatible to work with opera 10.51 now:thumb: I hope 3.45 is much better for Opera users.

4. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Yeah,that "half hour" is pure torture.
    Five hours, more or less, from first post on Sandboxie Forums,to a resolution build.
    Can you tell me a single security software,faced with a similar "borking" that has responded so quickly and effectively?

In the past few months we have had:
    1:Comodo
    2:Avast!
    3:Bit-Defender

All of these from internal update mess ups.
    All of these, in at least a few occasions, requiring reformat and install.

Bravo Sandboxie!!
    May the future screw ups, I face be no worse!!
    rat

5. Newby

Newby Registered Member

Ratwing

First: I commented on the euphemism not response time

Second: having one PC, it does not help having a solution on the web, when you do not have a working PC (and no access to the internet).

Third: I am allowed to work one day a week at home. I had promised a colleque some data sheets. The half hour trouble shooting caused a 15 minuted delay. I do not like to brake my promise.

:cautious:

6. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Yes, so don't do operating system updates if you have time-critical work to do... sounds easy. Also, unless you actually are affected directly by some sort of vulnerability, there's no point in doing a lab rat and especially with no other box to test, perfectly reasonable to delay the hotfixes by a couple of days and see whether some issues appear for others or not.

7. ratwing

ratwing Guest

@Newby:

Sorry,no offense intended.
    The 'torture" remark in my post was out of line.

I caught the update in question,and instantly Sandboxie was knocked out.
    In my case,only Sandboxie was effected.

That is why I contrasted this issue with a few others,where effects
    were system wide.

rat

8. Newby

Newby Registered Member

No worries, I noticed in other post afterwards you mark your own writing as "convulated". English is not my first language so I do not catch sophisticated details of it.

Regards

9. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

10. securreten

securreten Registered Member

I have older version 3.38 and I tried to update using the update in sandboxie, it always seems to fail after it downloads the exe and ask me to click ok to install. I click ok then nothing seems to happen?

Should I just go ahead and get the setup from the website? Would it be ok to just install that setup on top of my current sandboxie or do I need to do clean install?

11. doktornotor

Sounds like a plan... :D

Worked for me everytime. If it doesn't for you, uninstall, reboot, reinstall.

12. securreten

Well now I updated and I'm already finding an issue. I can't seem to update firefox in sandbox. First I get bunch of warnings from sandboxie then firefox says update failed.

So now we can't update firefox in sandboxie? This is bit frustrating as I as many have used sandboxie to experiment with other versions of firefox. Solutions?

13. doktornotor

Already answered you on another thread. Please avoid cross-posting.

14. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

I did not know you could do that.I just updated an add on, in a sandboxed firefox. After a restart of firefox, i expected the add on not to be installed, but it had.Is this supposed to happen.I'm surprised

15. securreten

It's def strange, have you checked the firefox settings in sandboxie? btw I'm using the free version.

16. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Please forgive me, I should check these things out before I post. I don't think the box had emptied.After deletion of the box, the update had not applied.Sorry o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.