Sandboxie 3.40 & FFX 3.5.3 issues?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Tech_Jargon, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tech_Jargon

Tech_Jargon Registered Member

I recently posted a thread in the Sandboxie forum regarding an issue that has been going on for awhile without a solution so I thought maybe I can get some insight here.

In a nutshell before I upgraded Firefox to 3.5.3 when I would log on under a LUA account the Sandboxie driver for Sandboxie 3.38 suddenly would not start (I never had an issue with an LUA acct and Sandboxie before.) so I had to constantly go in under Services using Runas and restart it.

Once I upgraded to FFX 3.5.3 everything got worse. FFX won't sandbox at all and with each start up shows a crash error. After uninstalling both Sandboxie and FFX and getting rid of all the add-ons and then reinstalling FFX and upgrading to Sandboxie 3.40, It still will not sandbox without a crash error. System logs don't show the error and ironically FFX will run if "run safer" under Online Armor 3.5.0.20. This issue has been going on for weeks now and is frustrating to say the least. Has anyone else experienced crashes with FFX 3.5.3 and Sandboxie? Or any suggestions on what to do? I like Sandboxie and would like to continue to use it especially since I paid for it.

System Specs: XP PRo Sp3, Avira 9, OA 3.5.0.20, Sandboxie (paid), SAS (on demand), A2 (On demand)

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Do you have Online Armor "ticked" in Sandboxie Control - Sandbox - Defaultbox (or whatever your sandbox's name is) - Sandbox Settings - Applications - Security/Privacy? While your there tick any other program your running.

How are you starting your sandbox? I briefly tested Win7, OA beta and Sbie 3.40 in a user account and start.exe wouldn't run using an icon created with Sbie's "Windows Shell Integration" - Shortcut icons.

Also, in Online Armor - Programs do you have all of Sbie's .exe's and dll's allowed and trusted? Check firefox.exe while your there.

Sbie's processes are (on my installed 3.38 version):

SandboxieDcomLaunch.exe
    SandboxieRpcSs.exe
    SbieCtrl.exe
    SbieDll.dll
    SbieSvc.exe
    Start.exe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.